Builder Warranty Inspection
Most builders provide a one-year warranty for new construction. Generally during this period of time the buyer develops a “punch list” of corrections for the contractor to repair under the warranty coverage. Some defects or code violations will not be obvious to the untrained eye. It is prudent to obtain a home inspector’s list of items that will most likely be repaired by your builder at no cost to you. You will be reassured knowing that potential problems were addressed before they grew into something that could cost you a large sum of money down the road!
Some of the things
we inspect for:
- Active Roof leaks
- Insulated Glass Seal Failure
- Foundation Movement
- Driveways, walkway and porch issues
- Caulking and flashing that can allow water penetration
- Windows that may need adjusting to work properly
- Walls and ceiling that are cracking or have faulty tape joints
- Tile floor grout that is cracking or missing
- Doors that may need adjustment to work properly
These and many more items will be looked at when you get our ONE YEAR WARRANTY inspection. On the average each new home has from 5 to 15 building defects that were not caught in the building process. A ONE YEAR WARRANTY home inspection will pay for itself once those defects are found and the builder corrects the problems.
Colorado Springs, CO
Copyright © 2017 Pro-Check Home Inspections. All rights reserved.